The primary responsibility of this position is working with other developers for writing new code, enhancing and maintaining existing code, writing and executing tests and reporting on their current status.
- Proficient in the use of Linux.
- Developing software using JAVA and MySQL. PHP experience a plus.
- Applicants with proven experience with MySQL/MariaDB management will have a significant advantage.
- Communicate with both technical and non-technical individuals to describe software behavior.
- Testing, monitoring and evaluating the utility of the computer system operations to ensure proper functioning or to detect potential problems during the software development phases.
- Develop and document performance metrics, standards related to software development and test plans. Provide technical guidance or support for the development or troubleshooting of systems.
- Collaborate with the other members of the Software Engineering team to select and review the appropriate designs of systems, design and implement test cases, and test the quality of software products to ensure the compatibility of system components.
- Ensure the system or project remains useful and provides the intended services, track processes and activities and attempt to preemptively identify issues.
- Perform research to determine whether incidents occur due to system or user issues.
- Select, design and build automated testing systems for regression testing, white box testing, and black box testing.
- Perform cross-browser testing to ensure that software works in supported browsers (IE/Edge, Chrome, and FF).
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience.
- 5+ years relevant work experience in a professional environment
- Experience with Spring, Hibernate, ActiveMQ a plus
- Significant testing experience.
Must be able to remain in a stationary position at a desk and operate a computer for up to 8 hours per day.
To view the full job description as well as apply for this position, please click the link below: